The MBA is an internationally recognised and respected qualification for managers. Applicants are from both the public and private sectors in the UK and abroad.
The teaching programme is aimed at those who are looking to develop their careers and at ‘high flyers’ that need an understanding of all the major functions of business providing generalist knowledge for prospective leaders.
In addition to enhancing successful students’ career prospects, the course aims to encourage independent and creative thinkers. This is done by following the UK Quality Assurance Agency guidelines in giving students a ‘strong practical and professional orientation’ differentiating it from other masters programmes.
All students complete seven taught modules, (five compulsory core modules and two optional modules), together with a final project.
Located in the beautiful city of Cardiff, the 2021 Guardian and Times Good University Guides rank Cardiff Met amongst the top modern universities in the UK. Cardiff Met was also recently ranked as the top University in the UK for two years running for the quality of its international student experience by the International Student. Barometer (ISB). Cardiff Met has also receive the 2021 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide rank Welsh University of the year 2021.
The MBA is delivered by the Cardiff School of Management, one of Cardiff Met’s five academic schools and with approximately 12,000 students, the course is one of the largest in Europe. It is an internationally recognized and respected qualification attracting students internationally.
If you have a suitable working experience which has been approved by the School, you are able to apply for direct entry to the MBA programme. It is a popular choice with individuals committed to developing their careers in senior management and who therefore need an understanding of all the major functions of business and management, and an acute awareness of key contemporary management challenges of global competition and climate change. This course will build on your previous studies and work experience and enable students to achieve a Masters qualification.
The course is delivered in three different cities in Morocco, Casablanca, Rabat and Tangier as well as Cardiff city in the United Kingdom. and is a part time course as it offers students the flexibility to study around existing commitments (weekday evenings and weekends).
Students on the MBA programme at SIST have full access to all of Cardiff Metropolitan University’s outstanding online resources, such as the e-library resources, Moodle platform access, Academic Support (Exam Boards), Double Marking system for all assignments and exams. Upon acceptance tot he MBA programme, student receive the following with Cardiff Metropolitan University:
- Official Acceptance Letter
- Student number (from Cardiff Met).
- Student Card
- Cardiff Met email address
The MBA Programme is designed to both challenge and support students and encourage them to explore ideas and develop knowledge and personal qualities, all which provide the students with the best chance of succeeding in the increasingly complex and fast changing environment of today’s job market.
In addition to enhancing successful students’ career prospects, the course aims to encourage independent and creative thinking. Following the UK Quality Assurance Agency guidelines in giving students a strong practical and professional orientation, differentiating it from other master programs.
All students complete seven taught modules (five compulsory core modules and two optional modules) together with a final dissertation/project.
The core modules are designed to expose participants to state of the art thinking in the key management disciplines and provide opportunity throughout to apply theory to real life management situations.
- Accounting for Decision-Makers (20 credits)
- Marketing (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- People and Organisations (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
Participants will be able to choose 40 credits from a range of optional modules. These will include*:
- Business Process and Data Analytics (20 credits)
- Social Media Analytics for Business (20 credits)
- Management of Finance (20 credits)
- Finance of International Business (20 credits)
- Managing People in a Global Context (20 credits)
- Developing People for Leadership and Management (20 credits)
- Principles of Islamic Finance (20 credits)
- Islamic Investment Banking (20 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour: Knowing Your Consumer (20 credits)
- Strategic Global Marketing (20 credits)
- Project Management Theory and Practice (20 credits) (Delivered in all campuses: SIST Casablanca, SIST Rabat & SIST Tangier)
- Management of Mega and Complex Projects (20 credits) (Delivered in all campuses: SIST Casablanca, SIST Rabat & SIST Tangier)
- Logistics in a Global Context (20 credits) (Delivered in SIST Tangier campus only)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management (20 credits) (Delivered in SIST Tangier campus only)
*Please note: the offer of optional modules is subject to availability and student numbers.
Successful completion of a combination of these subjects (with core modules and final project) will entitle students to the award of an MBA. However, students may opt to undertake a specialism, studying two subjects in the same area, Management of Finance, and Finance of International Business for an MBA (Finance) award. ; the programme offers several pathways for students wishing to have their specialisms noted, and these include:
- MBA (Business Analytics)
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Human Resources)
- MBA (Marketing Management)
- MBA (Project Management) – (Delivered in all campuses: SIST Casablanca, SIST Rabat & SIST Tangier)
- MBA (Supply Chain and Logistics Management) – (Delivered in SIST Tangier only)
Final Module (40 credits):
The final project is a double module, completed by students after they have completed all taught modules. Whether an academic piece of research or an investigation into the launching of a business; it is designed to be an intellectually challenging piece of individual management research. It will equip successful students with the knowledge, capabilities and competencies required of today’s managers, in a world in which the ability to research new information is increasingly important. Students are able to choose between:
- Capstone Project (40 credits)
- New Business Project and Professional Practice (40 credits)
- Dissertation (40 credits)**
- Consultancy Project (40 credits)**
**subject to student numbers and approval from Programme Director
If you are applying to study for our MBA programme, you will need to provide the following requirements:
- Original Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent – English translation required
- Transcripts of the Bachelor or Master degree – English translation required
- Two Recommendation Letters from work or Academic figure – English translation required
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Application Form filled in BLACK CAPITAL and signed ( Download Application )
- 6 Photos (Only scan one when applying online)
- Transfer Registration fee of 4000 MAD (Your application will not be processed unless this fee is paid when you apply).
- Copy of ID/ passport for internationals
*The same documents are required for students applying to study at Cardiff Metropolitan University in the UK.
What our MBA Alumni say
“My MBA experience at SIST has been one of the highlights of my recent years in Casablanca. It hasn’t been just an academic course of rigorous study on the essential business disciplines, but also a transformational journey of learning together with dedicated teachers and motivated classmates. I am greatly indebted to all their genuine commitment to sharing valuable perspectives and insights from their own business experience and knowledge. I’ve been privileged enough to develop an ongoing network with them in and outside of the classroom.
As an expatriate consultant working globally, I truly enjoyed growing my leadership capability and effectiveness throughout the MBA program in the multicultural environment both at the SIST campus and in the city of Casablanca, where I found myself dynamically engaged with many business professionals from diverse backgrounds. I am assured and thankful that the MBA program has equipped me to confidently move forward for the next phase of my business career in global leadership and entrepreneurship.”
Han Byeol Park – MBA Class’2020
International Business Consultant for InTouch Solutions North Africa (Morocco & Algeria).
“When I first signed up for Cardiff Metropolitan University MBA program in SIST Casablanca, I was expecting to learn about project management at a high level. However, my expectations were exceeded because I was very impressed with the high academic standards, outstanding professors, and administrative staff.
The MBA at SIST has given me invaluable experience working through a wide range of real-life business problems that enhanced my skills and knowledge in business administration and
particularly projects management, which enabled me to see the big picture in all situations and to think and act more strategically.
As an MBA Student, I was required for my capstone project to investigate, delineate, and articulate a business/management issue to be addressed by synthesizing learning key concepts, theories and techniques and applying them to a complex business/management real case study.
Since am the Commercial manager of Casablanca Port Container Terminal, I choose to undertake an individual research project and to prepare a Management Report based on the Terminal Operating System (TOS) migration crisis that Casablanca port faced on July 2018 and the role of crisis communication. This subject is relevant both to me and to Marsa Maroc management.
To make sure that my proposal for a crisis communication plan meets the international standards applied by the major port terminals in the world, I chose to apply for my Benchmark Internship at Dubai Ports World (DP World) Global Communication Department. Cardiff Metropolitan good reputation was behind getting accepted for this internship easily.
I highly recommend Cardiff metropolitan and SIST MBA program to professionals looking for career enhancement.”
Asmaa Benslimane – MBA Class’2019
Containers Terminal Commercial Manager at Marsa Maroc (Casablanca Port)
“My name is Steven, I’m from China, and I’m currently the VP of Marketing in OPPO Morocco which is a global smartphone company. I am an MBA student of SIST 2020.
I really have benefited a lot from the MBA program in SIST: First, I have learned a solid management knowledge, especially marketing management and project management, which are highly related to my work, which is a good process of combining theory and practice.; Second, I got to know many excellent local students and teachers. Through daily communication with them, I had a deeper understanding of the market environment in Morocco, which is very important for an international student; Third, through the two-year master’s course study, I successfully obtained the Master’s certificate from UK University, which enabled me to successfully apply for the Part-time PhD of business School of the University of Portsmouth in the UK. It is worth mentioning that after graduating from MBA in 2020, I was promoted from the marketing director to be a vice president of marketing, responsible for the company’s brand, operator and e-commerce business.
At present, I continue to be in charge of marketing in OPPO Morocco while studying for a PhD in Marketing in the UK in my spare time. I am full of confidence in my future and prospects.
Finally, I would like to express my special thanks for my two-years MBA study experience at SIST, especially for the help and support from teachers and classmates at SIST. I think I did a very wise and important decision in my life to choose the MBA program at SIST.”
Steven Wan – MBA Class’2020
VP Marketing and Branding at OPPO Morocco
“I joined Cardiff MBA program at SIST Casablanca in 2019 and graduated in 2021. It was a great and challenging experience, the program quality as well as lecturers were wonderful, administrative staff was very friendly. I highly appreciate professional atmosphere and productive discussions we had during class sessions with different students and lecturers from a blend of business backgrounds. I had also the opportunity to connect with some amazing people. I really spent an outstanding time studying at SIST. I would definitely recommend SIST MBA program to anyone seeking to improve project and business management skills following the British education system.:
Ilyass Lamrani – MBA Class’2020
Computing & Software development Engineer at Marsa Maroc
“My MBA with Cardiff Metropolitan University was one of the best experiences of my life. My MBA brought clarity of thought, knowledge, confidence and conviction to me and my goals. This MBA studies experience through Cardiff Metropolitan University was very rewarding. Not only I did receive a good education with interactive and relevant learning, but the program catered to my schedule as well. Through this MBA, I gained the flexibility to choose the career path that appealed to me.”
Sami Habibi – MBA Class’2017
HSSE Specialist – Moroccan Agency for Solar Energy (Masen)
Viral Graduate Speech from class’2017
Who Can Apply For The MBA Programme?
Students from all study backgrounds can apply to the MBA programme. British education encourages students to discover new paths in their learning and growth. We abide by such value and we offer this programme for students from all backgrounds. Engineers, Doctors, Educators and Business Leaders can equally apply to this programme.
The programme gathers heads from different sectors and industries that are looking for an MBA programme to grow their management strategies in their industry. Students can apply their projects to their companies and industries.
Study Duration: 18 Months
Mode of sudy: Part-Time (Evenings and Weekend)
Timetable: Timetables change every semester and thus we do not include them here. So you’ll need to enquire about the time table for the semester of the MBA programme.
You can enquire about this semester’s timetable here: https://sist.ac.ma/contact/
Admission: If you wish to enrol at SIST, please find below our level of studies framework, with details about the examination of your application file and assessment of your English Level.
The result of the Oxford Placement test will determine whether you register for an Intensive English course ( Pre-MBA course) or start directly in the MBA.
- You will need to take an English Proficiency test to evaluate your English level. If you already have an English proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL then you won’t need to take the test.
- Applicants with degrees from American, Canadian, British Universities or English taught programmes do not need to take the English proficiency test.
FEES: You can download the fees table here: MBA Fees >>
The registration fee is a conditional offer that guarantees your place until you complete the payment of your tuition fees. The student is then considered registered with the institute.
Tuition fees are to be paid before the start of a semester. Students must be able to provide documentary evidence from a sponsor that these fees will be paid on receipt of an invoice or that they will be able to meet the cost themselves.
Tuition fees can be paid by the following methods:
- Personal cheque
- Bank Transfer
- credit card / Debit Card
*International students must pay the first-semester fee prior to an issue of student certification or homologation letter from the ministry.
AFTER YOU APPLY:
- After you apply, SIST will forward your application to our partner university in the UK, who will give you either a conditional or unconditional offer. Any missing document can result in your application receiving a conditional offer only. A conditional offer does not mean a rejected application, it only means that you must submit any missing document highlighted by the admissions office. Failure to submit the missing documents will result in a rejected application. For example, missing a Cover Letter or proof of Degree.
- Applicants with the Unconditional offer are able to receive their acceptance letter and start the programme of their application without further submissions.
- The university in the UK has the right to reject an application if the applicant is not eligible for the course, for example, due to a failure of the Oxford Placement test (SIST Admission test).
- Eligible students that meet entry requirements but fail the Oxford placement test are advised to take the Intensive English Course
(Pre-MBA course) to re-apply the following intake for the MBA programme.
- You will have to sign a payment agreement form according to the financial agreement you make with the university.
- By now, you are registered in Morocco and in the UK. You will receive your student number from the UK so that you can gain access to the same e-learning tools provided to students in the UK.
- Then you attend induction week and start your courses.