The MBA is an internationally recognised and respected qualification for managers. Applicants are from both the public and private sectors in the UK and abroad.
The teaching programme is aimed at those who are looking to develop their careers and at ‘high flyers’ that need an understanding of all the major functions of business providing generalist knowledge for prospective leaders.
In addition to enhancing successful students’ career prospects, the course aims to encourage independent and creative thinkers. This is done by following the UK Quality Assurance Agency guidelines in giving students a ‘strong practical and professional orientation’ differentiating it from other masters programmes.
All students complete seven taught modules, (five compulsory core modules and two optional modules), together with a final project.
The core modules are designed to expose participants to state of the art thinking in the key management disciplines and provide opportunity throughout to apply theory to real life management situations.
- Accounting for Decision-Makers (20 credits)
- Marketing (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- People and Organisations (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
Participants will be able to choose 40 credits from a range of optional modules. These will include*:
- Business Process and Data Analytics (20 credits)
- Social Media Analytics for Business (20 credits)
- Management of Finance (20 credits)
- Finance of International Business (20 credits)
- Managing People in a Global Context (20 credits)
- Developing People for Leadership and Management (20 credits)
- Principles of Islamic Finance (20 credits)
- Islamic Investment Banking (20 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour: Knowing Your Consumer (20 credits)
- Strategic Global Marketing (20 credits)
- Project Management Theory and Practice (20 credits) (Delivered in all campuses: SIST Casablanca, SIST Rabat & SIST Tangier)
- Management of Mega and Complex Projects (20 credits) (Delivered in all campuses: SIST Casablanca, SIST Rabat & SIST Tangier)
- Logistics in a Global Context (20 credits) (Delivered in SIST Tangier campus only)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management (20 credits) (Delivered in SIST Tangier campus only)
*Please note: the offer of optional modules is subject to availability and student numbers.
Successful completion of a combination of these subjects (with core modules and final project) will entitle students to the award of an MBA. However, students may opt to undertake a specialism, studying two subjects in the same area, Management of Finance, and Finance of International Business for an MBA (Finance) award. ; the programme offers several pathways for students wishing to have their specialisms noted, and these include:
- MBA (Business Analytics)
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Human Resources)
- MBA (Islamic Finance)
- MBA (Marketing Management)
- MBA (Project Management) – (Delivered in all campuses: SIST Casablanca, SIST Rabat & SIST Tangier)
- MBA (Supply Chain and Logistics Management) – (Delivered in SIST Tangier only)
Final Module (40 credits):
The final project is a double module, completed by students after they have completed all taught modules. Whether an academic piece of research or an investigation into the launching of a business; it is designed to be an intellectually challenging piece of individual management research. It will equip successful students with the knowledge, capabilities and competencies required of today’s managers, in a world in which the ability to research new information is increasingly important. Students are able to choose between:
- Capstone Project (40 credits)
- New Business Project and Professional Practice (40 credits)
- Dissertation (40 credits)**
- Consultancy Project (40 credits)**
**subject to student numbers and approval from Programme Director
If you are applying to study for our MBA programme, you will need to provide the following requirements:
- Original Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent – English translation required
- Transcripts of the Bachelor or Master degree – English translation required
- Two Recommendation Letters from work or Academic figure – English translation required
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Application Form filled in BLACK CAPITAL and signed ( Download Application )
- 6 Photos (Only scan one when applying online)
- Transfer Registration fee of 4000 MAD (Your application will not be processed unless this fee is paid when you apply).
- Copy of ID/ passport for internationals
*The same documents are required for students applying to study at Cardiff Metropolitan University in the UK.
Who Can Apply For The MBA Programme?
Students from all study backgrounds can apply to the MBA programme. British education encourages students to discover new paths in their learning and growth. We abide by such value and we offer this programme for students from all backgrounds. Engineers, Doctors, Educators and Business Leaders can equally apply to this programme.
The programme gathers heads from different sectors and industries that are looking for an MBA programme to grow their management strategies in their industry. Students can apply their projects to their companies and industries.
Study Duration: 18 Months
Mode of sudy: Part-Time (Evenings and Weekend)
Timetable: Timetables change every semester and thus we do not include them here. So you’ll need to enquire about the time table for the semester of the MBA programme.
You can enquire about this semester’s timetable here: https://sist.ac.ma/contact/
Admission: If you wish to enrol at SIST, please find below our level of studies framework, with details about the examination of your application file and assessment of your English Level.
The result of the Oxford Placement test will determine whether you register for an Intensive English course ( Pre-MBA course) or start directly in the MBA.
- You will need to take an English Proficiency test to evaluate your English level. If you already have an English proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL then you won’t need to take the test.
- Applicants with degrees from American, Canadian, British Universities or English taught programmes do not need to take the English proficiency test.
FEES: You can download the fees table here: MBA Fees >>
The registration fee is a conditional offer that guarantees your place until you complete the payment of your tuition fees. The student is then considered registered with the institute.
Tuition fees are to be paid before the start of a semester. Students must be able to provide documentary evidence from a sponsor that these fees will be paid on receipt of an invoice or that they will be able to meet the cost themselves.
Tuition fees can be paid by the following methods:
- Personal cheque
- Bank Transfer
- credit card / Debit Card
*International students must pay the first-semester fee prior to an issue of student certification or homologation letter from the ministry.
AFTER YOU APPLY:
- After you apply, SIST will forward your application to our partner university in the UK, who will give you either a conditional or unconditional offer. Any missing document can result in your application receiving a conditional offer only. A conditional offer does not mean a rejected application, it only means that you must submit any missing document highlighted by the admissions office. Failure to submit the missing documents will result in a rejected application. For example, missing a Cover Letter or proof of Degree.
- Applicants with the Unconditional offer are able to receive their acceptance letter and start the programme of their application without further submissions.
- The university in the UK has the right to reject an application if the applicant is not eligible for the course, for example, due to a failure of the Oxford Placement test (SIST Admission test).
- Eligible students that meet entry requirements but fail the Oxford placement test are advised to take the Intensive English Course
(Pre-MBA course) to re-apply the following intake for the MBA programme.
- You will have to sign a payment agreement form according to the financial agreement you make with the university.
- By now, you are registered in Morocco and in the UK. You will receive your student number from the UK so that you can gain access to the same e-learning tools provided to students in the UK.
- Then you attend induction week and start your courses.